FAQ about studies

  • I want to study at Uppsala University. What do I need to know?

There is ample information about studies in Uppsala at the international webb-site.

  • Can I study any course in English at the Sociology department?

We only give some courses in English on the second cycle (Master level). For more information about our second cycle courses see the course catalog.  

  • What Swedish skills is required to study courses or programs in Swedish?

In the Swedish system, you need at least a level 3 course in Swedish to be eligible for University studies. There are a number of ways attain you language skills. At the university, you can attain the entry requirements either by reading Swedish courses or by taking a TISUS test.

  • Do you offer PhD-studies in Sociology?

Yes, it is possible to apply to PhD-studies (third-cycle program) at the department of Sociology. Se here for more information about doctoral studies, application and courses

  • Is it possible to study at the department of Sociology as an exchange student?

Yes, it is possible. Either by the departments own agreements or via the Unit for International Mobility

  • I am an exchange student at the department, were can I find information about my studies?

We use Studium for all course information. General information from the department can be found at www.student.uu.se.

Last modified: 2023-01-02